Maestro offers the ability to stream directly to the platform via an RTMP URL and Stream Key.
1. Click Stream from your admin bar
2. Click Preview a Stream in the top left of the window
3. Click Add Live Stream from the top right of the modal or click the + button to add an existing live stream object
- If adding a new stream you’ll first be asked to create a name and add a thumbnail, then click Save
- You’ll then need to click the edit icon to add the meta data including a URL, name, thumbnail and duration
4. Once your stream is added a Stream Key and URL will be displayed.
- IMPORTANT: The stream key resets every time you go through this flow. Once you exit this view, the key will be reset.
5. Copy and paste the Stream Key and URL into your source software (i.e OBS, Wirecast, etc)
6. Start streaming from your SOURCE (i.e OBS, etc). Once we receive the feed, you will see a PREVIEW of your stream.
- Only admins will see this preview. Your viewers will still see the offline content you have added.
- The recording will begin the moment you send the preview in, so please keep that in mind for VOD purposes.
7. When you are ready to go live, click the Go Online button in the top right of the screen. This may take a couple seconds.
8. Once you are live, the Preview bar at the bottom of the screen will go away and you will be live to your viewers.
9. When you are ready to go offline, click the Go Offline button in the top right. This may take a few seconds.
- Please click Go Offline from Maestro BEFORE stopping your stream at the source
- Use Maestro as the "source of truth" for when the stream should stop. For example, OBS might be a couple seconds ahead, wait until you see your stopping point on the Maestro feed before clicking Go Offline.