Chat Moderators have access to remove a message, silence a user, and clear the chat as described here without having access to all site admin features. Only the admin can filter words and unsilence a user.
To make someone a chat moderator, you must first be a site admin.
- In the admin bar under Manage click into the Admins tab
- Search for the person (via name or email)
- Click the pencil icon next to their name
- Select Chat Moderator
- Select whether you’d like them to have moderator access to All Channels or just Specific Channels
- If you selected Specific Channels, select which channels you’d like your moderator to have access to. You can select more than one channel.
- Click Save
- The user must log out and back in to see their updated account