Access Codes are a single-use code that are tied to a users login credentials. Once the user creates and account and enters their code, they will have access to that entitlement with their login credentials until the entitlement is removed from the channel. They will not need to enter the code again.
Once an Access Code is used, it cannot be used again with another account.
- Bob is given an access code for an upcoming event
- Bob goes to the site and creates their account with email@example.com a week before the event
- Bob enters his access code and gains access to the channel
- On the day of the event, Bob returns to the site and logs in with the same credentials he used when he entered his code.
- Bob now has access to the stream
If Bob used his code and shared it with a friend, his friend will NOT be able to access the stream.
If Bob creates a NEW account and tries to enter his code, he will NOT be able to access the stream.