Cards are a great way to message new visitors or highlight content.
Cards are semi-permanent messages that appear over your channel's sidebar. Unlike overlays which disappear after a set amount of time, cards remain over the sidebar until the user dismisses it themselves or it is manually removed by an admin.
Creating and Adding a card can be done from the Editor or Panels tab in the admin bar.
- Click the Editor tab from the admin bar
- Hover over the sidebar and click EDIT
- Follow steps 2- below
- Click Panels from the admin bar
- If you don’t see the header, sidebar Settings, click BACK in the top right of the sidebar
- When you enter the sidebar you’ll be taken back to wherever you left off last time you were in the sidebar
- Click Set Card
- Click on preview button to the right of the card to view an example in the preview window
- Click Use to select and start editing a card’s content
- After entering your content, click Save To Library
- Click the button next to the card to add it. You’ll see it in the Preview
- Changes will be saved automatically. Click PUBLISH to push changes live
Editing and changing the card works similarly to Panels. To edit a card:
- Click the edit button next to the card
- To remove a card, click the X next to the card
- To switch to a different card, click Change Card. Click Library to pick from your previously added cards or click Catalog to create a new card
- Make sure to save your cards (check the top left of the site for the SAVED icon) and then click Publish to push changes live
Note: removing a card does not delete it. The card will still remain in your library and can be added later on.
Recommended Card Dimensions:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Can Watch Together Room Codes be Generated in Advance?
- Can I Edit Watch Together Images & Copy?
- Watch Together Overview
- Adding a Panel
- Re-Arranging and Removing A Panel
- Using the Iframe Panel
- Creating and Adding a Card
- Understanding Cards
- What Sidebar Options Come Out of The Box?
- Can I Copy Panels Across Channels?