The Maestro Chat panel is a great way to create an engaged community around your content.
To create and add a Maestro chat panel:
- Click Panels from the admin bar
- Click Add Panels under the Panels sections (if you don’t see this click from the top right of the sidebar)
- Click into the Catalog tab at the top of the sidebar
- Scroll down to the Chat panel
- Clicking lets you preview the panel. Click Use to select it
- Select an Icon if desired and enter the Name of the chat panel (appears at the top of the chat under the icon)
- Toggle on ‘Allow anonymous chat’ and ‘Allow links in chat from non-admins’ if you desire.
- Enter a name into System. This is the name that greets users when they arrive to the chat panel
- Upload a System Image. This will appear next to the ‘Welcome back!’ message
- Enter a Welcome Message. This is the default message that greets users on arrival
- You can create a list of Filtered Words (words replaced with asterisks in the chat) separated by commas
- You can also view Silenced Users
- Click Save To Library. You’ll be taken to your Panel library
- Find your new Chat panel in your library and click the button to add it to your sidebar
- Make sure you see in the top left of your site and your new panel should appear in your sidebar preview
- Hit Publish to push changes live
Note: The character count for chat is 1236 characters.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful