Poll the audience, ask a trivia question, or have users make a prediction in real time with Poll and Trivia overlays. These overlays function similarly. Follow the directions below when broadcasting or creating a poll or trivia question. See examples for desktop here and mobile here.
Create/Broadcast a Poll or Trivia Overlay:
Follow steps 1-4 here to get to you Overlays tab then continue with the following steps:
- Click the button to select a previously created question or to create a new one
- Click the button to select a poll/trivia question
- Or click New Question in the top right of the modal to create a poll/trivia question
- If creating a new question, enter a name for the question and type the questions below
- Toggle ‘Show Numbers’ on if you want participants to see the number of votes cast for each option
- If you are creating a Trivia question, enter the Correct Option from your list below
- Enter answer options and images (optional)
- You can have 2, 4, or 6 poll options and 2 or 4 trivia options. To add/remove options click ‘Add 2 Options’ or ‘Remove 2 Options’ below your last option shown
- Once you’ve completed your poll options, click Save in the top right corner of the modal
- Your new question will now be listed as an option. Click the sign to add it to your poll overlay or the edit button to make changes
- You will be shown a preview of your poll if your channel is in TV mode
- Enter the duration of time you’d like your poll to appear for.
- We recommend 30-60s. The default duration is 20s
- Toggle ‘All channels’ on if you want your raffle overlay to appear over all channel videos
- Click the broadcast button to push your overlay live
- The stats above your message cannot be seen by viewers
The average engagement rate for multiple choice questions is 30-50%.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Do Overlays Appear in Full Screen Mode?
- Overlay Guide
- Overlay and CTA Examples
- Creating and Broadcasting Overlays
- Broadcasting a Message Overlay
- Broadcasting a Lower Third Overlay
- Recommended Sizing for Lower Thirds
- Broadcasting a Poll or Trivia Overlay
- Broadcasting Poll Results
- Broadcasting a Raffle Overlay