A raffle overlay is similar to a virtual t-shirt cannon within your stream. Using raffles encourages users to stay active and logged in while you're live for a chance to win a reward, making them great for downtime as well as any other part of the event.
Winners are selected at random from the list of users who submitted an entry.
To use a raffle overlay:
- Click Overlays from the admin bar under Engage & Monetize
- Click to preview the overlay and Use to customize & broadcast
- Enter Reward
- Select All channels if you want this overlay to appear site wide
- Click the broadcast button to push your raffle live
Once the raffle overlay has been broadcasted, a series of three overlays will automatically trigger:
- The first overlay let's users know a raffle is about to begin
- “A giveaway will begin soon. Watch here to participate!” with a 60 s countdown
- The second overlay prompts users to submit their entry
- The third overlay automatically chooses and broadcasts the name of the winner in stream
Once a winner is selected, they can be found in the Analytics dashboard within the Engagement tab:
- Click Overlays
- Click within the row with your Raffle to expand it
- You’ll be able to view the winner’s reward, username, email, and user ID
Follow the links below to view examples:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Can I Clear the Leaderboard?
- Guide to Quest Actions
- How To Create and Add a Quest
- How To Set Up Quest Rewards
- How To Export Quest Raffle Entries
- How To Use the Raffle Overlay
- How To Set Up Achievements
- How To Export the Leaderboard
- Do Users Need to Log In To Participate in Quests and Achievements?
- What Are Quests?