Welcome to Maestro! If you’re reading this, you’re likely looking for a way to differentiate your streaming and virtual event experience. Luckily, you’re in the right place: our white label solution empowers anyone to go direct-to-consumer and monetize their passions.
Once you’re registered with Admin access, follow this Getting Started to kickstart your way to live stream success with Maestro. The guide features detailed instructions on the primary tasks to complete before going live.
Please utilize the Search feature to discover relevant articles, and the Submit a Request button in the top right corner for any additional inquiries.
In This Section
- Initial Site Design
- Using the Editor
- Setting Up Your Channel(s)
- Adding Interactivity
- Setting Up Monetization
- Additional Resources
As you work, note that any changes made in Design require clicking SAVE, while any changes made in EDITOR require clicking SAVE and PUBLISH to properly save and push the changes live.
We’ll start in the Design tab of Maestro. You can navigate to it via the Admin Bar, demonstrated below.
Once inside the Design tab, you’ll have access to all of the major tools to set your stream apart visually. Notice that there are Global Settings, like colors, fonts, and logos, which apply across the site. Below the Global Settings, you can set the Channel Background which is specific to each channel you use.
Note that you can further fine-tune these details, and even set a channel-specific logo, through the use of the Editor. Think of Design as the base “look and feel” on your site, while the EDITOR builds on top of it.
- Essential Design Resource: Placement Guide - utilize this visual placement guide to see which primary assets are needed for Maestro, as well as their specs.
- Essential Design Resource: Color Guide - check out this detailed look at which color choices affect which components across your Maestro instance.
Logo, Title and Fonts:
In Design's Global Settings you’ll start by adding your Logo & Title. Each Channel will have this logo, unless overridden in Editor. You can set upload a Desktop Logo and Mobile Logo, add a link to the logo, or even create a Text Logo.
Under Fonts, you’ll find a wide variety of choices. There are two font types to assign:
- Header Font: found in Panel Titles, Navigation, etc.
- Content Font: found in Chat, User Names, etc.
Once your logo and fonts are added, click SAVE in the top right of the admin bar.
Picking Your Colors
Colors are in three groupings: Panel, Navigation, and Footer.
- Panel: these are the primary colors that appear on your Channels. Be sure to use colors with a little bit of contrast so that text and icons are visible across your site.
- Navigation: this adjusts the upper Navigation section as well as your Channel Select.
- Footer: here you can adjust the colors of the footer, at the bottom of your Channel.
These changes are site wide. While selecting colors, the site will change in real-time to show you a PREVIEW. This is not live until you hit SAVE. Once you have selected your colors, hit SAVE in the top right of the admin bar.
Hint: If any text, icons, etc. aren’t showing up on your site you may have text and background colors that are too similar in color. Try adjusting to colors with a greater contrast. Consider also checking the "Login" modal and your Entitlement Gate (if applicable) to ensure colors function in all areas.
The Channel Background can be adjusted in Design under Current Channel Settings, which applies only to the Channel you are currently on. You can note the Channel by looking at the “slug” in the URL in your browser (e.g. sapphire.maestro.io/yoursite/yourchannel or watch.yoursite.com/yourchannel).
Each Channel can have its own background image or color. If you want the same background on each channel, you will need to add it to each channel. If you do not have an image, simply select a background color. Grid Text color applies only to channels set up in grid mode.
Note: Background images do NOT appear on Mobile, so it will pull from the Background Color.
Using the Editor
The Editor can be used to further customize your site. You can use it to adjust the Navigation links, add a Countdown, add Channel Navigation, edit the Social section, edit the Footer, as well as access the Sidebar (more on that below).
To utilize the Editor, simply click Editor from the Admin bar, hover over a section and click Edit.
To set up the Navigation:
- Hover over the navigation section and click Edit
- Click Add to add a new item
- The Channel Specific toggle allows you to have different navigation per channel. Toggle this on BEFORE adding your items
- Add text or an image (to make it look more like a button)
- Add the URL
- Note: If linking within the site, the format should be /pageslug, not the full URL
- Click Add
- Click Save
- Click Publish to push changes live
Note: we do not recommend adjusting the video from the Editor. You will do this in Channels, which is described below.
Setting up Your Channel(s)
How to Create a Channel
To create a Channel, click Channels from the admin bar, then Create a Channel at the top of the Channel Settings bar. Select your Channel type (more on Channel types below).
Click on the area at the top left of the screen that says “New Page” to re-name your Channel. Within Channels, click on Settings to set your Channel Slug (e.g. live.you.com/channel1). Hit Save and Publish to push changes live.
There are two main types of pages, Channels and Landing Pages:
- Channel: the Channel is the primary Live format, and may also utilize VOD content. Channels can be set to either TV or Grid Mode. When a stream goes live via Scheduled Content or Stream (direct to Maestro), the live content will takeover the video player, and then resume its Offline Video state when the stream is over.
- Landing Page: this is an offline format for VOD content only. The Landing Page lets you add modular rows of content including: Video, Playlist, Spotlight images, and Channels. The landing page will never have live content, meaning you cannot schedule a video or stream to it. Overlays will NOT appear on landing pages, however you can add a Sidebar to your landing page for information and interactivity.
To set your Home Channel:
- Click on Channels from your admin bar
- Click on the edit icon in the channel you’d like to make the Home channel
- Click Set Home Page in the top right of the window
- Click Save and Publish to push the changes live.
- Your Home channel will be indicated by the Home icon
There are two ways to set up VOD content on your Channel: TV Mode and Grid Mode.
- TV Mode: when a user lands on the Channel, the Offline Video will start from the beginning and display controls.
- Grid Mode: when a user lands on the Channel, they will see a grid of videos and playlists they can select from. Selecting a video will start the video from the beginning and display controls.
To get started, add an Offline Video to your Channel with the following steps:
- Click Channels from the Admin tab
- Click on the edit icon next to the desired Channel and scroll down to the Offline section (see above)
- Click either TV or Grid Mode
- Click Add Video or Add Playlist
- If you already have a video added click Change Video; if you already have a playlist selected click Change Playlist
- Select your video or playlist using the "+" from the Library or Add Video/Create Custom Playlist
- Once the video is selected, click Save and Publish to push changes live
For information on streaming, please refer to our How to Go Live Guide.
Maestro offers a number of Panels meant to add context and engagement alongside the video. You can add a new panel or a saved panel from the Panels tab or from the Editor in your admin bar.
- Click Panels from your admin bar (see above)
- Under the Panels section, click Add Panels
- Click Catalog from the top left of the sidebar
- Click on the eye icon to view an example of the panel in a preview window
- Click Use to begin editing that panel
- Begin editing the panel, you will see the panel populate in real-time with your edits
- Click Save to Library. You will be brought back to the Library view.
- Click the + button next to your new panel
- Click PUBLISH in the top left of the site window to push the changes live
- You can add multiple Panels which will show up as tabs at the top of your sidebar
Utilize Overlays to drive actions at key moments with clickable calls to action.
To Create and Save Overlays:
- Click Overlays from the admin bar
- Click Catalog at the top of the overlays menu
- Click the preview button next to the overlay to see an example of this overlay in your Channel (it must be in TV mode to see preview)
- Click Use to customize and save/broadcast your overlay
- Note: You can save Messages and Lower Thirds in your overlay library
Hint: we recommend setting a duration of at least :30s to give your viewers a chance to see and respond to the Overlay.
To Broadcast Overlays:
- Click Overlays from your admin tab
- You can either create a new Overlay (follow steps above) or select from your previously saved Overlays (Library)
- Once the Overlay has been created or selected, click the Broadcast button to push it live
- Note: Overlays will only appear over video content. They will not appear in grid mode or on a landing page
Setting Up Monetization
Ticketing & Subscriptions: Set up a pay-per-view event or add paid subscriptions to your premium content in minutes using the following steps. This is done through an Entitlement Gate.
The Entitlement Gate (Paywall) is created on a Channel-specific basis. You can have multiple Channels active with different Entitlements (Subscriptions/Tickets) associated with each Channel. You may also change the Entitlements (Subscription/Tickets) on a Channel at any given time.
- Click Channels from the admin bar
- Select the Edit button next to the desired channel from the channels list on the left
- Click the Settings tab on the Channel
- Scroll down to the gate section and toggle gate ON
- Select Entitlement from the Gate dropdown
- Fill out the requested field:
- Title: Name of the event
- Subtitle: Description of event
- Date: Date and time of the event
- Click Add Entitlement
- Select desired Entitlement(s) using "+" button
- You can also create a new Entitlement by clicking ‘Add Entitlement’
- Add gate background image for web. This is what the user will see when they land on the channel, along with the above fields
- Enter code help text. This will be instructions on what action to take if an access code isn’t working
- Once done, scroll up and hit Save & Publish to activate the gate
- You can remove or change the gate at any time by toggling gate off or selecting a different entitlement.
Hint: to preview your Entitlement Gate, simply open the Channel in a Private/Incognito browsing window. This will let you view the Channel as a viewer, rather than logged in as an admin.