The Maestro Chat panel is a great way to create an engaged community around your content.
To create and add a Maestro chat panel:
- Select Channels, then Click on any available Channel
- Click Panels from the Admin Navigation Bar
- Click Add Panels under the Panels sections
- Click into the Catalog tab at the top of the sidebar
- Scroll down to the Chat panel
- Clicking lets you preview the panel. Click Use to select it
- Select your Preferred Chat settings:
- System: this is the name that greets users when they arrive to the Chat panel
- System Image: This will appear next to the ‘Welcome back!’ message
- Welcome Message: This is the default message that greets users on arrival
- Filtered Words: (words replaced with asterisks in the chat) separated by commas
- Silenced Users: You can also view Silenced Users
- You can ‘allow links in chat from non-admins’ if you desire.
- Click "Save to Library". You’ll be taken to your Panel library
- Find your new Chat panel in your library and click the button to add it to your sidebar
- Make sure you see in the top left of your site and your new panel should appear in your sidebar preview
- Hit Publish to push changes live
Note: The character count for chat is 1236 characters.
For instructions on how to remove a Maestro Chat, click here.