Steps to publish your Maestro instance on a custom domain.
It's easy to get Maestro set up on your Live URL! Just follow these three steps.
Step 1: Identify your Live URL and confirm it to Maestro
IMPORTANT: You must launch Maestro on a domain that you own.
Maestro is most often launched as a subdomain on your existing website, e.g. "live.yourwebsite.com". Alternatively, you may utilize a new URL (root domain) specifically for Maestro, e.g. "yournewwebsite.com".
- If using a Subdomain: the key step is to decide what the subdomain is named (in blue below). Some common examples are live.yourwebsite.com, events.yourwebsite.com, or tv.yourwebsite.com.
- If using a Root Domain: purchase a domain specific to Maestro using any major website provider.
Once you have a domain in place and have decided the live URL, please submit a Custom Live URL Request.
Step 2: Add the CNAME records Maestro provides*
Hint: this step is usually handled by whoever has access to the DNS settings of the website, e.g. IT or a webmaster.
With the Live URL confirmed, Maestro will provide instructions for adding two updates to your domain's DNS settings:
- One will be a CNAME for an SSL cert
- One will be a CNAME to point the subdomain to the Maestro servers
- If using a Root Domain, Maestro may provide Four "A Records" in place of the second CNAME
Once these two steps are implemented, please communicate this back on the same ticket as your Custom Live URL request so we can verify it looks correct.
NOTE: Maestro uses Fastly as our CDN. If you are also using Fastly, please let Maestro know ASAP to avoid any issues at launch.
Need more help with Step 2? Check out this resource from Google which provides instructions based on your specific domain provider.
Step 3: Ready to Go Live!
Once the records have been added and confirmed, the site will be ready to go live!
- When your site design is ready for publishing, simply confirm via that same Custom Live URL Request Ticket that you're ready to launch and we will activate your site.
- We recommend launching at least 24hrs prior to your event start time to give the site time to propagate across the web.