Gates are a customizable entry-point that require users to take a certain action before accessing your Channel.
There are four main types of gate: Login, Password, Entitlement, and Access Code.
Each can be customized with a Title, Subtitle, as well as Mobile and Desktop Background Images.
To add a Gate:
- Click Channels from the admin bar
- Select the Channel you'd like to add the Gate to by clicking the edit icon
- With the Channel selected, click Settings (next to Content)
- Scroll down to the Gate section
- Toggle the Gate on
- Click on the Gate options (it will default to Login)
- Select the Gate type
- Login: Users must log in or create an account to access
- Password: Users require a password to access
- Entitlement: Users require payment to access
- Access Code: Users must enter an access code to access
- With the Gate selected, enter your Title (required). You may also add a Subtitle and Background Images.
- Desktop Background: 1920x1080
- Mobile Background: 1100x1440
- Scroll up and hit Save and Publish to finalize!
To turn the gate off, follow the first 4 steps and then toggle the gate OFF, then hit Save and Publish.
Hint: to preview the Gate, simply view the Gated Channel in a logged out state. One easy way to do this is by opening the Channel in a private/incognito browsing window.