Learn how to broadcast a lower third overlay on Maestro.
Lower thirds are static graphic overlays that occupy the bottom section of your video player. On Maestro, lower third overlays can have a call to action (CTA) baked in.
These overlays are great to use for both pre-determined moments or general moments that are non-stream specific. The average engagement rate of lower third overlays is 20-25%.
How to Customize and Broadcast a Lower Third Overlay
- Navigate to "Channels" and then the select the channel you'd like the overlay to appear on
- Click "Overlays" from the admin bar under "Channel Settings"
- Click "Catalog" at the top of you overlays menu
- Click the preview button next to the overlay to see an example of this overlay in your channel (it must be in TV mode to see previews):
- Upload an image for your lower third overlay (Note: Check out our recommended sizing for lower thirds for more guidance)
- Enter a name to save your overlay as in your library
- Enter the duration of time you’d like your overlay to appear (Note: We recommend 30-60s)
- Select a Call To Action (CTA)
- Toggle "All channels" to "On" if you want your raffle overlay to appear over all channel videos
- Click "Save" to add this overlay to your library for easy access during events (Note: If you don’t wish to save you overlay, click the broadcast button () at the top of the modal to push your overlay live without saving)
- Click "Library" and then the yellow broadcast button to push your overlay live (Note: The stats above your message cannot be seen by viewers)
- To makes changes to your saved Lower Third click the edit button: