Learn how to broadcast a poll or trivia overlay.
Poll the audience, ask a trivia question, or have users make a prediction in real-time with Poll and Trivia overlays. These overlays function similarly. The average engagement rate for multiple-choice questions is 30-50%. Check out examples for desktop and mobile for more insight.
Follow the directions below when broadcasting or creating a poll or trivia question.
Create and Broadcast a Poll or Trivia Overlay
- Select "Channels" from the Admin Navigation Bar and then the select the channel you'd like the overlay to appear on
- Click "Overlays" from the admin bar under "Channel Settings"
- Click "Catalog" at the top of your overlays menu
- Click the preview button next to the overlay to see an example of this overlay in your channel (it must be in TV mode to see previews):
- Click the button to select a previously created question or to create a new one
- Click the button to select a poll or trivia question
- Another option is to click "New Question" in the top right of the modal to create a poll/trivia question)
- If creating a new question, enter a name for the question and type the questions below
- Toggle "Show Numbers" on if you want participants to see the number of votes cast for each option
- If you are creating a Trivia question, enter the "Correct Option" from your list below
- Enter answer options and images (optional)
- You can have 2, 4, or 6 poll options and 2 or 4 trivia options. To add/remove options click "Add 2 Options" or "Remove 2 Options" below your last option shown
- Once you’ve completed your poll options, click Save in the top right corner of the modal
- Your new question will now be listed as an option. Click the sign to add it to your poll overlay or the edit button to make changes:
- You will be shown a preview of your poll if your channel is in TV mode
- Enter the duration of time you’d like your poll to appear on the screen (Note: We recommend 30-60 seconds, but the default duration is 20 seconds)
- Toggle ‘All channels’ on if you want your raffle overlay to appear over all channel videos
- Click the yellow broadcast button to push your overlay live (Note: The stats above your message cannot be seen by viewers)