Learn how to set up VOD content on Maestro.
Below are two walkthroughs for adding VOD content to a channel.
How to Add VOD Content in TV Mode
Adding VOD content in TV mode sets up a single video for viewing.
When the user lands on the channel, the video you have set will start from the beginning with Player Controls visible. TV mode is great for trailers, announcements, or allowing viewers to watch a past live stream.
Here's how you can set up VOD content in TV mode:
- Click "Channels" from the Admin navigation bar
- On the selected channel under "Content," scroll down to the "Offline Video" section
- Click "TV"
- Click "Add Playlist" or "Add Video" (Note: If a video is already selected, click "Change Video"; if a playlist is selected click "Change Playlist")
- Select your video or playlist using the plus from the Library or "Add Video/Create Custom Playlist"
- Once the video is selected, click "Publish" to push changes live
How to Add VOD Content as a Grid
In Grid Mode, the user will see a grid of videos and playlists they can select from. Selecting a video will start the video from the beginning and display controls. There is an "X" in the bottom right corner of the video to close the video and return to the grid view.
Grid Mode is perfect if you'd like to display multiple VOD options in one place. You might include several past streams, highlights of your events, or other exciting content.
Here's how you can set up VOD content as a grid:
- Click "Channels" from the New Admin Navigation Bar
- On the selected Channel under Content, scroll down to the "Offline Video" section
- Click "Grid"
- Click "Add Playlist" or "Add Video"
- Select the video or playlist from the Library using the "+" sign
- Click "Publish" to push changes live